5 Week Online Workshop
With Jessica Hinds
Wednesdays, 7:00-9:30pm EDT
Mar 9 - April 13 (No Class Mar 23)
**Includes FREE One-on-One Consult!
“It took me four years to paint like Raphael, but a lifetime to paint like a child.” – Pablo Picasso
There was a time when creativity was easy—when you were a child, driven by an endless desire to create, and no fear, no judgment, and no internal censor whatsoever.
The goal of meditative writing is to return you to that time, when finding your voice as a writer was as easy as being yourself, and raw creativity flowed as effortlessly as inspiration.
You’ll learn to banish writer’s block forever, find inspiration in an instant, and discover the heart of your story and your characters by tapping into your own voice as a writer, and your deepest creative instincts.
How Does It Work?
Each session begins with a short guided meditation, followed by a series of carefully crafted meditative writing exercises designed to transport you out of your everyday life and connect you to the emotional truth of your story and of your characters.
Over 5 weeks you’ll build a writing practice that allows you to get your pages flowing at will, recover the joy you’ve always felt with writing, and write from your most connected place every time you sit down with your characters.
Plus, when all your work is done, you'll get a FREE One-on-One session with one of our professional writing coaches to help you shape your raw creativity into a script that you can market.
Who Should Take Meditative Writing?
Whether you are brand new to writing, or a seasoned writer looking to inject energy back into your writing, meditative writing will change your writing life forever.
Designed for writers of all types, including screenwriters, playwrights, poets, novelists, and writers of any other genre, here are just a few of the many benefits of this approach
- Uncovering the Real Emotional Underbelly That Drives Great Films
- Discovering Your True Voice
- Creating More Provocative Dialogue, Images and Action
- Developing an “Inspiration on Command” Writing Schedule
- Injecting Joy Into Your Writing Process
- Getting in Touch With Your Characters
- Finding the Heart of Your Story
- Discovering Theme
- Natural Subtext
- Opening Up Your Creative Side
- Learning How To Write Even When You Can’t Find a “Quiet Place”
- Connecting Yourself To Your Characters and Story Even If You Are Working On Assignment
- Writing Cooler, Bigger, More Intense and Compelling Scenes
- Learning To Love Your Weirdness and Understand Its Value
- Banishing Writers Block Forever