15 Checkpoints To Make Your Screenplay More SaleableTeleconference
Class Begins: 02/21/2015 Ends: 02/21/2015
Class Time: 10:30 am - echo date("g:i a", strtotime($class['class_end_time'])); ?> (PST)
In this insightful teleconference, Dr. Melody Jackson, founder and Chief Smart Girl at Smart Girls Productions, will break down a variety of distinctions in screenwriting that have always been thought to be subjective. She turns them into a list of measurable checkpoints for evaluating your script's "saleability".
In this interview, some of the points she will cover are:
- A fool-proof way to create a strong dilemma for your character. Most writers gets this completely wrong by doing the exact opposite - especially new writers.
- The Critical Factor that must be present for us to care about your Main Character and the keys to implementing it into your screenplay.
- Three Types of Stories to avoid at all cost in your first screenplay.
- How to create your most interesting, edge-of-seat moments in your script.
- A Big Mistake new writers often make and even love to do - even though it's a terrible idea.
- A Simple Choice that will dramatically increase your odds of writing a commercial script on your first try.
- Five Quick Ways to improve your script's commercial appeal in under two hours.
- The Most Basic Element of your story that makes it more commercial for Hollywood.
- Learn how long you should spend on a script if you're serious about a professional career.