Write & FINISH Your Movie or Pilot With Peter RussellOnline
Class Begins: 02/21/2016 Ends: 04/10/2016
Class Time: 7:00 pm - echo date("g:i a", strtotime($class['class_end_time'])); ?> (PST)
Join Peter's eight week class and get MOTIVATED. We're LIVE online every week. Get the discipline and inspiration to FINISH.
American TV is on fire. We've gone from 150 scripted shows five years ago to nearly 400 this year! And the hunger for material is intense. 80 percent of our business in 2015 was TV story doctoring while five years ago it was 80 percent movies. That shows you where the TV market is.
Doing a movie? What's wonderful is that movie stories are selling again now, too. (The kind of movie that is selling is different today than it was before the big crash - learn how about the changes in this class.
So - if you want to take a class from a WORKING Hollywood story doctor who consults for top producers like Brian Grazer & Ron Howard, and many others --this class is for you.
Whether you are a development exec, producer, writer, director, editor, agent, manager, or creator, this class is the most valuable tool you'll ever get for learning how to develop great Hollywood story - YOUR story.
What you'll learn in this class:
- Personal sessions with Peter where he gives you private consults on your own work outside of class.
- Showing you the secrets of hit movies and TV shows in YOUR genre -- this class is custom tailored to help the students in it. (i.e. if you're writing horror, Peter shows you the latest devices from the latest hit horror.)
- The NEW patterns of the different story genres (in both movies and television). Each genre has its own separate tricks, devices, and tools. When you understand what they are, you can leap ahead in the story development process.
- Plot patterns in TV -- how ABCDEF storylines switch. How the BEATS of TV story have quickened and what that means. Sequencing in TV (very different from films.) The seven questions that help you develop a TV concept from so-so to MARKETABLE today, right now in 2016. (It's changed!)
- Breaking your story logline. Zapping your story concept, sexing it up -- it's different in film from TV.
- Pitching your story idea - how to catch fire as a movie story teller.
- How the new promotion of your work involves WEBISODES and SHORTS - and how to write them from your existing full TV or movie script - or how to use a small idea to create a whole movie or TV pilot.
This class is simply the best you'll find -- we know you're inundated with writing class choices -- but check Peter's reputation (ask our students, see what they've been doing this last year below). Peter was Teacher of the Year at UCLA in 2009 because he is the best. He motivates, he inspires, he entertains, and he helps you keep going -- with personal and fun classes that give you the spiritual cocaine it takes to get a project finished.
Peter tailors his classes to what you guys bring to class -- breaking down shows that will help you specifically -- this is not a cookie cutter class that is the same every time he teaches it. Depending on the stories you are developing, Peter breaks down the hidden patterns and secrets of TV and movies today -- not ten years ago. This class uses CURRENT hits to teach you...shows like
- TV: MR. ROBOT, BREAKING BAD, ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK, JESSICA JONES, TRUE DETECTIVE, FARGO, TRANSPARENT, LOUIE, GAME OF THRONES, THE MISSING, MANHATTAN, SILICON VALLEY, WOLF HALL, EMPIRE, COMMUNITY, MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE
- Movies: SHAME, GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, NIGHTCRAWLER, DARK KNIGHT, INCEPTION, SPRING BREAKERS, BOYHOOD, 12 YEARS A SLAVE, MOONRISE KINGDOM, BRIDESMAIDS, THE NOTEBOOK, THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL, DJANGO,
Finally, in your private sessions with Peter, you'll do repeated 'Storymakers' with your own project, a process invented by school co-founder Cecilia Najar, where all the elements you've learned are used and applied -- live in class -- to a project you bring in. It's a fabulous way to 'go to school' on developing your own story.
All of this will be recorded for you and available on streaming video to review whenever you like.
Peter Russell's latest students to succeed --Ivan Orlic, whose latest project, for Brian Grazer, is coming out in spring of 2016 - PELE. (Peter consulted on this picture.) Korhan Gurocak, who is currently working for MR. ROBOT (Golden Globe winner in 2016 for Best New Drama), and many more. (See below.) Peter is also UCLA's Instructor of the Year, and Professor for Pepperdine University's MFA screenwriting graduate school. Peter's wisdom and style inspires and excites - because he actually does what he teaches -- his professional success is part of WHY he's a good teacher. He works in Hollywood right now - not ten years ago.
WHEN: Sunday evenings, starting February 21st through April 23.
TIME: 7 PM - 10 PM (PST)
Where: ONLINE LIVE (all you need is a computer and a headset - you'll be LIVE with Peter and other students)
And, if you can't make the live online class, each lecture is provided as a digital copy after class, as well as a fullrecording of the live class.
Please note: This version of this class is for working Hollywood professionals AND beginners.
Note -- you will schedule your personal sessions with Peter at a mutually convenient time. You will receive all eight classes of regular material, but you will also receive three private consultation sessions live with you and Peter only. (The times for these sessions will be upon mutal agreement, but are generally spaced at equal times along the class schedule.)
This year, Peter's students have 1) won a Golden Globe for Best Dramatic New TV show (MR. ROBOT), 2) recieved the NYT's 'Critics Pick'Best Horror Movie' (DEMENTIA), 3) published the sci fi thriller THE LAYERS:EVA, 4) Imagine TV's pilot picked up for Lifetime 2016 CLAN OF THE CAVE BEAR, 5) sold a children's book series to a major publisher THE AMAZING SIM SISTERS, and many more.
We want YOU to succeed in 2016! Join us!