Save the Cat!® Beat Sheet Screenwriting Workshop - NYWorkshop - New York
Class Begins: 07/09/2016 Ends: 07/10/2016
Class Time: 9:00 am - echo date("g:i a", strtotime($class['class_end_time'])); ?> (EDT)
Based on the three bestselling books of screenwriter Blake Snyder, we provide writers the resources they need to develop their screenplays using Blake’s acclaimed ideas and methods.
Since 2006 our beat sheet workshop has helped hundreds of writers create the titles, loglines, and critical beats which became the foundation of their screenplays.
Over the course of a weekend, you will:
- Learn the difference between a pitch and a logline, and why you must nail each one.
- Lock down your logline with the Save the Cat!® mini-story template to get out of any logline jam.
- Learn the 15 key beats found in any story to make yours resonate with what is “primal.”
- Crack the “Magical Midpoint” — the secret of every story’s power.
- Find out why the Opening Image and the Final Image are your way to “doublecheck the math” of a hero’s transformation.
- Practice your pitch and improve your technique in front of a friendly group of fellow writers eager to help you succeed.
- Network with other writers.
Visit our archives to see how the fifteen beats are at the heart of numerous films, from summer blockbusters to award winning independents: www.savethecat.com/category/beat-sheet
In addition to our workshops and seminars, we offer screenwriters expert script coverage and analysis.
Our books, story structure software, and iPhone and iPad apps teach you everything you need to master the Save the Cat!® principles.