echo htmlentities(stripslashes($contest['contest_title']), ENT_QUOTES, "UTF-8"); echo ($contest['contest_anniversary'] != 'None') ? " (season ".htmlentities(stripslashes($contest['contest_anniversary']), ENT_QUOTES, "UTF-8").")": ""; ?>Feature, Short
Contest Begins: 11/01/2016 Ends: 05/01/2017
This competition is open to any writer, 18 or older. Entering the competition constitutes permission to use the winners' names and likenesses for publicity and promotions with no additional compensation. We reserve the right to publicize and promote any and all progress, development and success of the entered scripts.
• Any script from any genre will be considered.
• Multiple entries are accepted, provided you fill out an application for each script.
• Multiple authorship is acceptable. If the screenplay wins an award, that award
will be divided among the writers, by the writers.
• Screenplays must be the original work of the author.
• On the cover page of your script, please DO NOT include your name or address.
We only want the title of the script on the cover page.
• Scriptapalooza recommends registering your scripts with The Library of Congress.
• No substitutions of new drafts or corrected pages for script entries will be
accepted under any circumstances. If you wish to submit a new draft of your
script you must treat it as a new entry...please fill out an application and
pay the resubmission fee of $30. (writers who reach SemiFinalist status will have
the opportunity to replace their script with a new draft for free)
• Submit scripts in English.
• Submit one copy of a 80-140 page screenplay. Do not send originals.
• We now accept short screenplays (under 40 pages)
• Material will not be returned under any circumstances.
• Body pages must be numbered.
• Scripts must be in industry standard format 12 point Courier font.
• The decisions of our Judges are final and may not be disputed.
• Please do not send CD’s, treatments, synopses, letters or resumes. This material
will not be sent to the producer reading your script.
• Scriptapalooza is not responsible for submissions that are lost, stolen or damaged
while in transit.