echo htmlentities(stripslashes($contest['contest_title']), ENT_QUOTES, "UTF-8"); echo ($contest['contest_anniversary'] != 'None') ? " (season ".htmlentities(stripslashes($contest['contest_anniversary']), ENT_QUOTES, "UTF-8").")": ""; ?>Short Brought to you by DC Shorts
Contest Begins: 12/05/2014 Ends: 05/30/2015
The DC Shorts Screenplay Competition awards up to $2,000 to a winning script, and guaranteed acceptance into the 2016 DC Shorts Film Festival.
• We consider screenplays in every genre and subject matter. However, because the finalists are read in front of a live audience, the judging committee looks for material that can be successfully conveyed to a general audience in a table reading.
• Scripts must be under 15 pages (not including a cover page).
• Scripts must not be in production. The purpose of the competition and award money is to foster the creation and successful completion of an independent short film. All film/video shooting must take place after the award presentation.
• DC Shorts has been named by MovieMaker Magazine year after year as one of 25 festivals worth the entry fee for our unique feedback system in which EVERY writer is able to review their scores and receive readers’ comments.
• The 2014 script winner, BREAKIN(G) by David Feehan, is currently in production, and will premiere at the 2015 DC Shorts Film Festival. We are very proud to be one of the project’s producers.
Short - Call for Entries: DC Shorts - 12/05/2014
- All Genres