echo htmlentities(stripslashes($contest['contest_title']), ENT_QUOTES, "UTF-8"); echo ($contest['contest_anniversary'] != 'None') ? " (season ".htmlentities(stripslashes($contest['contest_anniversary']), ENT_QUOTES, "UTF-8").")": ""; ?>Short
Contest Begins: 12/01/2012 Ends: 05/31/2013
• The DC Shorts Screenplay Competition awards up to $2,000 to a winning script, and guaranteed acceptance into the 2014 DC Shorts Film Festival.
• We consider screenplays in every genre and subject matter. However, because the finalists are read in front of a live audience, the judging committee looks for material which can be successfully conveyed to a general audience in a table reading.
• Scripts must not be in production. The purpose of the competition and award money is to foster the creation and successful completion of an independent short film. All film/video shooting must take place after the award presentation.
• DC Shorts has been named by MovieMaker Magazine year after year as one of 25 festivals worth the entry fee for our unique feedback system in which EVERY writer is able to review their scores and receive judges’ comments.
• The 2011 winner, INTERVIEW DATE has gone on to win festivals around the globe for its comic timing and hilarious performances. We are very proud to be one of the project’s producers.
- All Genres