Undiscovered Writers of All Levels Wanted!
If you've got potential and a passion for screenwriting, we want to find you. ISA FAST TRACK Fellowship V is offering TWO undiscovered screenwriters the opportunity to meet with and be mentored by EIGHT executives in Los Angeles. Plus, our chosen writers will work directly with the ISA Development Team for an entire year in an effort to Fast Track their careers.
"That was such an amazing treasured experience [with] both the mentors and you lovely folks. You do realise that you guys helped change my life... Honestly made a profoundly positive impact."
- Andy Byrne - (2016 Fast Track III Fellow)
"I never will forget that my life started changing when you picked me for the Fast Track Fellowship. So much has fallen into place and I am forever grateful."
- Lily Mercer - (2016 Fast Track III Fellow)
“The fellowship was a great chance to meet a ton of people I would never have had access to.”
- Chris DeWan - (2015 Fast Track Fellow)
Read about David Baugnon's experience with Fast Track II on MovieBytes Hollywood IQ!
FAST TRACK FELLOWSHIP BENEFITS:
Mentors for Fast Track Fellowship V include:
- Jamie Wager - Manager at Capital Creations
- Lee Jessup - Script Coach & Career Consultant
- Michael Hauge - Script Coach & Consultant
- More Surprise Mentors To Be Announced!
In addition to 8 Meetings with High Level Executives you'll also receive:
- A Flight and Accommodations for your trip to Los Angeles
- We throw a party in your honor
- You'll automatically be invited in to the ISA Development Program, which has helped 7 writers receive options or representation in just the past 18 months
- The TOP 50 will be submitted to ISA approved directors, producers, agents and managers upon request and will be considered for the ISA Development Program.
The ISA is COMMITTED to guiding your career and getting you on the "Fast Track" to working full time as a screenwriter in the industry!
We're happy to share these success stories from the first 4 seasons of Fast Track:
- Chris DeWan, Fast Track II Fellow signed an Option with Indomitable Entertainment!
- Since Andy Byrne was chosen for the Fast Track Fellowship (III) for his sci-fi TV Pilot Disconn, he recently signed with literary manager, Chris Watkins of Catapult Entertainment Group, has been offered writing assignments, and is working on new projects including further development of Disconn.
- Since Lily Mercer was chosen for the Fast Track Fellowship (III) for her TV Pilot Drama No More Heroes, she's been asked to pitch her screenplay to a high profile executive and was offered the position of Producing Director for the Humanitas Prize Play Festival.
- Melissa Birks, Fellow of the very first Fast Track Fellowship, signed with The Savage Agency!
- Evan Cooper, Top 10 Fast Track II screenwriter signed with manager, Kailey Marsh (creator of The Blood List)!
- Fast Track IV Fellows are well on their way with pending interest from industry reps they met at their November meetings.
Be the next Fast Track success story!
Previous mentors include executives from:
The ISA designed its Fast Track Fellowship to offer more than just a cash prize. It is the ISA's intent to develop screenwriters with promise, and while it all starts with a script, your career will be made over a long period of time of building relationships and the creation of many scripts. Fast Track is here to give you the tools and experience that will aid you in that long-term career success.
We encourage writers of all levels from around the world to submit.
TO QUALIFY: Simply submit your best screenplay(s).
Two writers from the TOP 50 will be chosen. The judging criteria includes overall script presentation, originality and marketability. We're looking for writers whose work represents a passion for story, and who the ISA feels will benefit from a development program with the mentors listed. The Top 50 may receive an additional request to complete a short questionnaire to help determine the final two writers.
Add additional screenplays to your application and save on the submission fees. This option is available on the ISA website only.
1 Screenplay = Standard Fee
2 Screenplays = Standard Fee for 1st screenplay plus $15 for 2nd.
3 Screenplays = Standard Fee for 1st screenplay plus $30 for 2 more.
OPTIONAL FEEDBACK IS AVAILABLE. Please select the type you prefer when submitting your screenplay. See FAQ for details.
Accepting unproduced FEATURES and TV PILOTS only, in ALL genres.
Please submit a logline and PDF of your completed original work(s). APPLY HERE
WHO ARE THE FAST TRACK V MENTORS?
Jamie Wager - Manager at Capital Creations
Jamie Wager is a manager who has owned and operated his company, Capital Creations, for 8 years. He represent writers in TV and features, but focuses on the TV side of the business. His client Maria Ferrari, has recently been promoted to Executive Producer on The Big Bang Theory, where she's had a writing credit on close to 100 episodes. Other clients have staffed on shows including Justified, Private Practice, Allegiance, Chicago PD and Mad Dogs, among others. Clients have also had movies made at Lifetime and Hallmark, among others. Jamie started his career as a current programming executive at the WB, where he worked on shows including Hyperion Bay, DC, The Jamie Foxx Show and For Your Love. He was a development exec at 20th Century TV, working on Dharma & Greg, Futurama and King of the Hill. He also ran the TV department at Alcon Entertainment, where he set up many shows at multiple networks.
Lee Jessup - Script Coach & Consultant
Author of Michael Wiese Productions' Getting It Write: An Insider's Guide To A Screenwriting Career, Lee Jessup is a career coach for screenwriters, with an exclusive focus on the screenwriter's professional development. Her clients include WGA members, Golden Globe and Emmy nominated screenwriters, writers who have sold screenplays and pitches to major studios, best-selling authors, contest winners, staffed television writers, as well as emerging screenwriters just starting on their screenwriting path. After leaving ScriptShark, Lee began coaching writers full time. She has worked with writers all around world, conducting lectures, seminars, and private coaching sessions in cities such as Paris, London, New York, Chicago, Seattle and Los Angeles. She has watched and helped her writers get signed for representation, get their first movie deals, manage their industry relationships, navigate the industry space and move their screenwriting careers forward.
Michael Hauge - Script Consultant, Author and Lecturer
Michael works with writers, filmmakers, marketers, business leaders, attorneys and public speakers, both in Hollywood and around the world. He has consulted on projects starring Morgan Freeman, Julia Roberts, Tom Cruise and Reese Witherspoon, and for Overbrook Entertainment, where he consulted on the scripts for (among many others) I am Legend, Hancock, The Karate Kid, Suicide Squad, and Bright, which is currently in production.
More to come...
Aspiring screenwriters need guidance from accomplished industry professionals. It can take years of networking to build relationships with top-level executives like these, especially if you don't live in or around Los Angeles. The ISA wants to help you "Fast Track" your success! APPLY TODAY
Feature - TOP 50 CONSIDERED - 03/22/2017
TV Pilot - Fast Track Fellows Announced - 04/19/2017
TV Pilot - TOP 50 CONSIDERED - 03/22/2017
- All Genres
TV Pilot [10-70 pages]
- All Genres