ISA Members can create profiles, upload authorized content, post bios, Success Stories, News and submit to Writing Gigs.
If you are a non-Member User of ISA, you are authorized to access the public areas of ISA.
This Agreement was written in English. To the extent any translated version of this Agreement conflicts with the English version, the English version shall control.
All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, video clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, as well as the compilation of this content, is the property of the ISA or its content suppliers and protected by United States and international copyright laws.
The trademarks, names, logos and service marks (collectively “trademarks”) displayed on this website are registered and unregistered trademarks of the website owner. Nothing contained on this website should be construed as granting any license or right to use any trademark without the prior written permission of the website owner. Other graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names on this website are trademarks or trade dress of the ISA and cannot be used in connection with any other product or service in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits the ISA. All other trademarks on this website that are not owned by the ISA are the property of their respective owners.
External links may be provided for your convenience, but they are beyond the control of the website owner and no representation is made as to their content. Use or reliance on any external links and the content thereon provided is at your own risk.
License and Site Access
The ISA grants you limited license to access and use NetworkISA.org and its content and to download or print a copy of any portion of the site content to which you have properly gained access solely for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that you keep all copyright or other proprietary notices intact. You may not upload or republish NetworkISA.org content on any Internet, Intranet or Extranet site or incorporate the information in any other database or compilation. Any other use of the site content is strictly prohibited. Such license is subject to the following User Conduct and does not permit use of any data mining, robots, scraping or similar data gathering or extraction methods.
• ISA reserves the right to edit your content, including bio and success story, to meet ISA standards.
• Outside links/urls are not to be posted within your profile or Success Stories and will be removed.
• By creating a profile, you agree all the information is true and correct and misrepresenting yourself in any way is prohibited. You will not tag your profile, content, success stories or other inaccurately. Falsifying information will result in an immediate termination of your account.
• If you add a company to your profile, it must be a true company, not a personal website or a website promoting a film or show.
• Your website, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube accounts listed in your profile must be your own.
• In MY SCREENPLAYS you must upload an actual screenplay in pdf or other formats.
• Industry professionals may request access to your materials. It is your decision and right to grant or deny access. Once you grant access, you accept any and all risk. We are not responsible for your materials.
• Any intellectual property you post on the site including screenplay(s) are still owned fully by you.
• You take full responsibility and release the ISA from any claims pertaining to theft of materials, ideas or other property that you have posted to your profile or transmitted to a third party via the ISA website.
Any unauthorized use as outlined by the guidelines below immediately terminates the permission or license granted by the ISA. You agree not to use the site or any service or content therein to:
• Harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users from the site by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications;
• Use the site in any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the site;
• Use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with the site;
• Frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of the ISA without express written consent;
• Use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing the ISA's name or trademarks without the express written consent of the ISA;
• Misuse or wrongly distribute your account information. If you have registered with NetworkISA.org or subscribe to the ISA Newsletter, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of log-in information and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password;
• Upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any content that the ISA deems to be harmful, threatening, unlawful, defamatory, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
• Upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any content that violates any law or regulation or infringes, violates or misappropriates any person's or any entity's rights, including, without limitation, any person's or any entity's intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights, any privacy rights, or any contractual rights;
• Upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any personal information regarding any person under the age of thirteen (13) years;
• Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity;
• Attempt to sign up for or otherwise create a Membership for any person except for yourself;
• Upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation or engage in any activity that violates the CANSPAM Act or any other law regulating the transmission of email;
• Upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
• Intimidate or harass another;
• Defame the ISA to others on the site, including writers, producers, agents, managers, directors and all others;
• Upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that, in the sole judgment of the ISA, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying NetworkISA.org, or which may expose the ISA or its users to any harm or liability of any type;
• Conduct activities that violate international law, or common decency (at the ISA’s discretion);
• Use the ISA website or any Service provided by the ISA to publish information that you do not have the right to disclose or make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
• Engage in actions inconsistent with the core values articulated on the site.
• ISA or ISA Connect: All sales for products, services, contests, events, CONNECT Monthly and Yearly registrations and/or other are final and non-refundable. Monthly subscriptions to ISA Connect can be canceled at any time by emailing us at: Support@NetworkISA.org. You must notify the ISA 5 days prior to your next billing cycle for it to be canceled effective the upcoming month.
• Third-party: Please note that we do not bear any responsibility and therefore we do not satisfy any refund/return/exchange requests for any third-party products, services, contests or events. All sales are final and non-refundable.
* Registration Error: In the event of an error during registration, please email us at Support@NetworkISA.org within 24 hours to request a refund. You must explain the error.
* Chargebacks: If you contact your credit card company before requesting a refund from us, you will be invoiced any chargeback or bank fees associated with that refund.
Disclaimer of Liability and Warranties
The ISA makes no warranties, representations, statements or guarantees (whether express, implied in law or residual) regarding the website. Your use of NetworkISA.org is at your sole risk.
The ISA shall not be responsible for and disclaims all liability for any loss, liability, damage (whether direct, indirect or consequential), personal injury or expense of any nature whatsoever which may be suffered by you or any third party (including your company), as a result of or which may be attributable, directly or indirectly, to your access and use of the website, any information contained on the website, your or your company’s personal information or material and information transmitted over our system. In particular, neither the ISA nor any third party or data or content provider shall be liable in any way to you or to any other person, firm or corporation whatsoever for any loss, liability, damage (whether direct or consequential), personal injury or expense of any nature whatsoever arising from any delays, inaccuracies, errors in, or omission of any share price information or the transmission thereof, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon or occasioned thereby or by reason of non-performance or interruption, or termination thereof.
Disclaimer Regarding Content
The ISA cannot and does not represent or guarantee that any of the information available through this website is accurate, reliable, current, complete or appropriate for your needs. Some content available through the NetworkISA.org may be provided by independent third parties whom the ISA does not control. Other content available through NetworkISA.org is obtained by the ISA from individuals, businesses, organizations, and other content providers, who are believed to be sources of reliable information. Nevertheless, due to various factors—including the inherent possibility of human and mechanical error—the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, results obtained from use, and correct sequencing of information available through the NetworkISA.org are not and cannot be guaranteed by the ISA. The ISA reserves the right to withdraw or delete any information from this site at any time at its discretion.
Conflict of Terms
If there is a conflict or contradiction between the provisions of these website terms and conditions and any other relevant terms and conditions, policies or notices, the other relevant terms and conditions, policies or notices which relate specifically to a particular section or module of the website shall prevail in respect of your use of the relevant section or module of the website.
We reserve the right to make changes to our site, policies, and these Terms at any time. Any provision of any relevant terms, policies and notices, which is or becomes unenforceable in any jurisdiction, whether due to being void, invalidity, illegality, unlawfulness or for any reason whatever, shall, in such jurisdiction only and only to the extent that it is so unenforceable, be treated as void and the remaining provisions of any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices shall remain in full force and effect.
Communications in Writing
All communications in either electronic or paper format from us to you will be considered “in writing”. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Applicable laws (choice of venue and forum)
Use of this website shall in all respects be governed by the laws of the state of California, U.S., regardless of the laws that might be applicable under principles of conflicts of law. The parties agree that the California courts located in Los Angeles County, California, shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all controversies arising under this agreement and agree that venue is proper in those courts. You irrevocably agree it will be brought and maintained within one (1) year after the claim arises or become null and void.
Termination or modification
We reserve the right at any time to refuse to provide, modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, access to our content or services (or any part thereof) to you with or without notice.
Modification to CONNECT Membership:
ISA reserves the right to change the price of the CONNECT membership at any time. If you are a member when the price increases, you will remain at the lower cost. However, if you cancel or your credit card expires or declines, your membership fee will increase to the current price at the time of renewal.
Modification Of This Agreement:
Re-Affirmation Of These Terms and Conditions Each Time You Use The Website; Service-Specific Terms:
Removal Of Your Content From The Website:
If You would like any of your content to be removed from the ISA Website, you may put such request in writing to support@NetworkISA.org. You acknowledge and agree that the ISA shall have no liability for failure to remove yours or any other user's content from the website or Service for any reason.
No Circumvention Of Content, Website or Service Security Features:
You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with any security-related system, function or feature of the website or Service, or any system, function or feature designed to prevent or restrict the use or copying of content or otherwise effect one or more limitations on the use of the website, the service, and/or any content associated therewith.
Your content, profiles and other data provided by you may remain on the website until you request their removal.
You also expressly acknowledge and agree that all the licenses that you grant regarding your content shall continue in full force until you remove your content from the ISA website. You acknowledge and agree that the ISA shall to have the rights to use your content as licensed by you unless and until you have removed your content from the website.
No Obligation To Remove References To You Or Your Content:
While the ISA shall use commercially reasonable efforts to remove public access to the digital file(s) comprising your content in response to a proper request from you to do so, any and all references to your content by title or otherwise, and all other information associated with your content that are posted on the website, and/or in association with any services provided by the ISA, shall not be subject to required removal by the ISA from the website for any reason.
Use Of The Website To Communicate With Others
No Endorsement Of Communications:
The ISA does not endorse or arrange personal, professional and/or social communications or meetings between or among members, Service providers, or other users of the ISA website. It is your responsibility to use common sense and take appropriate measures and precautions in the event that you choose to communicate with, or meet with any person or entity with whom you have communicated through the ISA Website. You acknowledge and agree that the ISA shall not be held responsible in any way for the outcome of any contact or meeting, whether in person, by email, by videoconferencing, by telephone or by any other means, resulting from advertisements placed or responded to, or messages or communications sent or received by other members, website users, any Service providers, or any other ISA affiliates, or through any use, directly or indirectly, of the website and/or Services provided by the ISA.
You Shall Be Responsible For All Your ISA Communications:
You acknowledge and agree that you shall at all times be solely responsible for all messages, materials, information and content you post, upload or otherwise provide to the ISA website and/or the ISA. You further acknowledge and agree that you, and not the ISA, shall be solely responsible and liable for all damages, liability or other consequences, foreseen and unforeseen, regarding all messages, materials, information and content that you submit, upload, provide, publish, display, disseminate or otherwise communicate through the ISA website even if one or more claims for damages or liability arise after termination of your membership or this Agreement.
Release of Liability For Use Of User Content You Provide:
You expressly release the ISA and all the other released parties from any and all liability arising in connection with the ISA’s authorized use of your content uploaded to the website or otherwise provided to company, if any, as well as for any use of any authorized derivative works made thereof. You further expressly release the released parties from any and all liability for associating your name, username and/or likeness with your content and/or derivative works therefrom, and for any and all liability for distortion or other alteration of your content and derivative works made therefrom, including, without limitation, for any and all such alterations that occur as a result of any interruption or corruption of transmission of any of your content at the time it is uploaded by you to the website or otherwise provided to the ISA for uploading or other use.
Release Of Liability For Communications To You:
You hereby release the ISA and its employees from any and all liability and responsibility in connection with any and all information, messages, communication and other materials you receive from the ISA and/or other users of the website and you promise never to bring any action, claim or initiate any dispute of any kind against any released party regarding any such communications or other materials you receive.
Resources – The ISA does not guarantee the validity or legitimacy of any resource posted on the website. By hiring, registering or participating in any way with any resource listed, you agree not to hold the ISA liable for misrepresentation of services or failure to deliver.
Users – The ISA does not guarantee the validity or legitimacy of any user listed on the website. Producers, directors, actors, agents, managers, screenwriters, etc post their resumes and credentials. The ISA does not verify all the details and you agree not to hold the ISA liable for misrepresentation of those credentials. You also agree not to misrepresent your own credentials and understand that upon verification of such misrepresentation, you will lose your privileges as a member and will be removed from the site.
ISA CONTEST SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
If you submit to a Contest through the ISA site, your submission is sent directly to the contest and can be tracked through your account under your MY SUBMISSION LOG.
If you have a question about the processing or payment of your submission, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you have a question about the contest, please contact the contest directly. Contest contact information can be found on the Contest page under the Contact tab.
Once you have submitted your script, please check the MY SUBMISSION LOG in your account to verify that everything was sent correctly. If you notice an issue, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you make an error entering a contest and recognize it within 24 hours, email us at email@example.com, and we'll send you instructions on replacing your screenplay.
You may submit as many screenplays to the same contest as you like, unless otherwise noted by the contest.
Entering early will neither increase nor decrease your chance of winning, though entering early usually saves you money.
We accept payment online only via PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
Please check the guidelines of the contest you are entering for their eligibility requirements and what materials are requested with the submission.
While it is not required by most contests to register your screenplay, we do advise doing so with the ISA Registry, the U.S. Copyright Office and/or the Writers Guild of America or the appropriate agency in your country.
If you are selected by or win a contest that you submitted to via the ISA site, please let us know about it so we can help promote your SUCCESS!